Sunday, June 15, 2014

{Colorado day 1}

In our family we do a lot of things last minute.  That might drive some people crazy but I love it.  There's no waiting or kids asking is it time yet, etc.  So when my cousin asked us a week ago if we wanted to come to Colorado for the week I originally said no because they timing wasn't right.  Darian was on vacation the week prior and I didn't want to drive 12 hours by myself.  It was on my mind though and on Friday I asked Darian if he thought he could get another weeks vacation so he called and his work gave it to him.  So we went.  We were going to leave early Saturday morning but Garrett's plane didn't leave until Saturday night so we left after we dropped him off at the airport.  We drove to Amarillo and got a hotel for the night.  I have never been to Colorado except for a layover at the Denver airport so I wanted to drive through during the day.

We woke up early and started on our way.  After Texas we came to New Mexico.
Then Colorado, don't you think this Colorado sign needs some color?
Colorado sure is beautiful.  I got to do and/or see a lot of things here for the first time.  Like this bear crossing sign, a first for me.
There were so many old buildings, some were intact while others just had pieces.  This looked to be an old church.  I wish I could have stopped to see each one up close.

We arrived in Nathrop, Colorado around 3:30pm.  We stayed at a resort called Mt. Princeton where my Aunt Holly works.  We stayed in two cabins along with all of my family pictured below.  My moms brother Mike and His wife Holly arranged this fun reunion.
Mt. Princeton Resort has been here since the 1800's.  It has natural lithium hot spring pools, It really is a beautiful place.  There were tennis courts, a basketball court, 4 pools, one water slide, a small lazy river, horseback riding, jacuzzi's, and breathtaking views.
This stream went right through the middle of the resort.

This was one of the lithium pools.
Swimming was very popular especially in a warm pool.  The temperature during the day was in the 70's or 80's and at night it got into the 50's.  It was perfect.
The kids loved playing with their cousins.  Some they had never met.
The river was high because of the snow melt but usually you can sit near the rocks where the hot water mixes with the cold stream water.

My uncle Mike drives this little bus.  It was fun driving with everyone in it.
My cousin Leisa is short like me so Uncle Mike thought it would be funny to take a picture of her driving it for the very first time.

This is a view from one of the cabins looking up towards one of the pools, tennis court, and basketball court.  The cabin to the right is what our cabins looked like.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thanks for posting this Letti. I am so glad that you decided to come!!!! You guys helped make the reunion so fun!!!!