My mom and I went to DI (our churches local thrift store) today. Going to DI is something that my mom and I love doing together. We try to go at least once a week because you never know what your going to find and they get new things all day long.
Today my mom noticed these two wooden chairs. They were both in very good condition but needed a little tlc. The best part was that they were only $5.00 each.
You can tell by looking underneath the seat that they were old and made very well.
They needed to be cleaned so we used Murphy's Oil Soap and gave them a good scrubbing.
Now it was time to pick out some fun fabric to reupholster the cushion. The last time it was reupholstered they used tacks and did it by hand. Thank goodness for staple guns.
Chase and my mom stapled the fabric to the cushion.
Here it is before Garrett screwed it back on to the chair.
Now I finally have a computer chair and I no longer have to drag a dining room chair over to the computer desk. It only took us 30 minutes from start to finish and I love how it turned out. I am still debating on whether or not I am going to paint the wood. I am going to live with it for a couple of days before I decide.







6 comments:
It looks so good! I would say:
PAINT IT! Either a chocolate brown or turquoise, the same as your dresser. :)
Did Mom keep the other one?
good idea! I need a chair for my sewing machine.
Great find! I just got back from DI found a wheel shaped hot wheels carrier for $2 and a Primary Music piano book for $1
Yay! For DI. great job on the chair! I say paint it! :0)
Cute! I love the fabric.
What a fun find!
Love love love!! Seriously. This is exactly what I want to find and do for by my computer. I need to go to DI more. Cute fabric choice too.
Post a Comment