Tuesday, July 5, 2011

{more 4th of July crafts}

Lynda and I crafted these things for the kids to wear on the 4th of July. This shirt was for Livee. Lynda pinned a ribbon in the shape of USA and I sewed it on. I loved that no body else had the same shirt.

I made 6 of these headbands for all of the girls. I found the idea here. I ended up doing it a little different than the tutorial. We did not use wonder under because we forgot to buy it at the store. So I just made a template out of card stock and cut the felt and fabric together. I cut a total of 30 stars. 5 stars for each of the 6 headbands. I sewed the felt and material together then glued them to a piece of ribbon. Lynda and Celeste helped me cut and glue.

Lynda came up with this idea for Zoe's shirt. She pinned and I sewed. I am still going to hand stitch over the white thread to make it look like a rope.

Here they are wearing their new stuff. I am not sure where paisley and Kaidee are in this picture. Can you see how Chloe is wearing her headband? She wanted to wear it as a belt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those headband s are way cute! It sounds like you are having such a blast with your sisters. I am so happy for you. :)

Keriann said...

That headband is darling!! I LOVE the bunting t-shirt!

Tasha said...

I LOVE them all!! You girls are so clever. I love how you are all making things together. I love all of you sisters. Fun that you got to be together for the 4th too

Sydney said...

Love how it all came out!! I only wish I was there to help and make some cute things!