Wednesday, January 21, 2009

{my first project}

This past weekend was so fun and I feel like I got so much accomplished. My cousin Jill came down for a visit and we sewed, sewed, and sewed. We made these burp cloths for me and for baby shower gifts. We used towels that we cut up and then we made binding out of fabric. It was fun going to the fabric store to pick out fabric that would go with our towel colors. In the end each towel made 12 burp cloths so we had enough to make 90 of them. I hope I have plenty of baby showers to attend.
Many of the fabrics that we choose went with more than one of the towels so it was fun seeing how different they all could be.
So those of you looking at my blog that are having babies no peeking.
This is all of our towels after they were cut and before we put the binding on them. They also made a big mess we had pieces of terry cloth all over the house and ourselves. I am still cleaning it up and its been 5 days.

20 comments:

angela said...

They turned out cute, what a fun idea.

Michelle said...

Those are adorable! Makes me want to have a baby just to get one as a gift...ok, well not really! :)

Jessica said...

Cute...you can never have enough burp cloths!

Darcy said...

Those are adorable!!!

Sallie said...

Holy Guacamole! You have been very busy! I love the combinations you put together.

emilyy said...

If your blog list is anything like mine, I think you will have plenty of showers to go to :) Everyone is pregnant! Those are so cute I might just have to join the club so I can get some :)

Tasha said...

So so fun!!!! So did you use big towels? Love them. I am glad you had such a great time with Jill.

Pancake said...

Those are SO SO cute!!!!! Those lucky babies to get those!

Allison Holmes said...

haha makes me want to get pregnant just so I could snag one of those pink zebra BC's! Those are So cute!

Anonymous said...

Totally cute!!

Beki said...

Wow. You guys got a lot accomplished and they are all so cute.

Aubrey said...

THOSE turned out awesome! Wow. You are one crafty mama!

Holly said...

Letti, these are SO cute!!!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Hi! Very cute idea!
{Your kids are the cutest, and you are having another one? Congrats!}

Amelia said...

Cute!! Well...no plans over here for another baby...but if anything ever changes I'll put my order in for some burp cloths!!

Da Bergs said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! I love that green color!!! and the zebra fabric!!!

Krysta said...

What a fun, colorful project. I love them!

Rachel Berry said...

Okay how did I miss this post?!?

I love how these turned out. I have been thinking of making some of these for a cousins baby shower that is coming up on Saturday. Thanks for the inspiration!

Hope your feeling well!

:)Rachel

Mom's Place said...

What an awesome idea!!! They look great!

lynda said...

Good job Letti! I can't wait to find out what color you are going to keep for yourself - I bet it's the blue :)