Tuesday, January 20, 2009

{a day in history}

No matter which way you look at it today history was made. I have been watching the inauguration of our 44th President this morning and I couldn't help feeling proud that I live in this country. It doesn't matter who we voted for what matters is what we do together to support our new President.
I was so tempted to keep the kids home from school because I feel that this is something that they should have witnessed. I saw kids in other countries watching it and hoping that my kids did too. I did DVR it so that my kids can see it when they get home but I think that seeing it live has so much more meaning.
I pray that President Obama will lead our country in the way that it should be and that we can all unite together.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Well said Letti!

Anonymous said...

I agree. It is an historical day! I hope too that he does runs this country the way that it should be ran.

Sallie said...

I hope the stock market goes up. LOL. The event was amazing.

Darcy said...

Well said!

Hannah's class was watching some of it today. I was glad to hear they were. Especially because in Social Studies they've been learning the branches of government, etc.

I imagine thy watched his speech, but I don't know what else.

Her class had to wear Red, White, and Blue today and would earn table points for participation.

Sandra said...

I was going to keep them home too, but my DVR made it so they could go to school.

They are actually watching at school, learned... so we can all discuss tonight at dinner.

Michelle said...

I totally bit off this entry for my blog...thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Letti - I put it on for my students today...they didn't last long watching it, but we watched for quite a while. It was very educational for them,I think.

Tasha said...

I am in total agreement with you. I sat (along with even Tanner and Brayden for quite a bit of it) watching and talking to Tanner about what the President of the United States means. It was a historical day and I too felt proud to be an American.

apee said...

I agree! I think Obama is so inspiring. HIs speech was amazing, I'm proud to be American, proud I voted for him and I loved explaining it all to Logan. Who by the way watched a lot of it and calls presidents "prisonders" haa haa

Aubrey said...

My teen kept texting me while in school. He said they got to watch it during each class. I'm so glad! My daughter's class also listened a bit on the radio and watched a bit of it. I went to be SO late last night watching all the recaps and them dancing the night away!
He's in my prayers!