
I just got back from my appointment and it went really well. I had a sonogram and I got to see the baby moving around. I was even able to see the baby move his/her fingers and toes. It was amazing. My doctor moved my due date up to July 27th but she said that she would deliver me before July 20th because of the size of my babies. So I am pretty happy about that. I asked her if they would do a sonogram towards the end to measure the size and she said probably not because sonograms are not that accurate and she would rather listen to the mom because we know best about the size of our baby. That made me feel pretty good to know that she trusts us moms. I believe what she said too because I knew that Kaidee was going to be bigger than my others and she was by almost a pound.
Oh I forgot to add that she said that I couldn't eat any hot dogs, bologna, bleu cheese, or feta cheese. I asked if this was new and she said no but they have seen an increased number of women that have gotten infections from eating these things.
27 comments:
What a cute little peanut!! ;) Glad everything went so well and yeah for early delivery, I have always been induced with all 5 of my kids. My last two weighed 9lbs so i was glad for the early induction!
YEAH!!! How exciting that your due date has been moved up and even better that she won't let you go past the 20th! I love doctors like that. Too bad I am with Kaiser or I would ask who your doctor is. I am glad things went good. Interesting about the hot dogs, bolonga, etc. I had heard all that before, but interesting that they are seeing an increase in infection. Kind of scary. How fun that you could even see the baby moving. Really, sonograms are so neat.
Very cool. At least you won't have to worry about being big and pregnant all summer. I actually read about that with Caroline. I think it included sandwhich meats too. And I think you should not eat tuna.
Yay. that is so great? Who is your dr?
Dr. Avants I love her!
Awwww...such an awesome sight! How exciting that you are sharing these moments with us!
congrats letti!
You doc is absolutely right...
they contain tons of nitrites and nitrates that are horrible for anyone.
My kids have never eaten a piece of bologna in their lives. come to think of it.. neither have I!
The baby is adorable!
I hope its a boy or a girl! Oh... how about a boy AND a girl... hee hee hee
Oh...July 27 is Alex's bday! he was 3 weeks early...
Thats pretty interesting about the last paragraph.. who would have thought!
Glad all is going well!
Awwwww...I love getting ultrasounds! It sounds like you have an awesome dr.!
Went to my appt yesterday and they told me she was measuring a bit bigger for how far along I am. AHH! I am afraid she is going to be a big chunker like her mom was!
Those first pictures are so precious. It immediately became real to me when I saw that first image moving all over the screen!
Dr Avants was my doctor that delivered Riley, she is AMAZING! I wish I still had her :-( She set the bar really high!
I go on Monday to finally find out when I am due, can't wait!
How precious.I love the first pictures.
Oh how cute.. Wanna hear something crazy?? I already miss being pregnant! Gosh.. am I nuts? I think I might be! My daughter is only 2 weeks old!
Very interesting on what not to eat!!!
LOVE the picture!!! HOW EXCITING!!!
How exciting!!
With Rachel, my youngest. My OB did an ultrasound two weeks early because of the history of my firstborn being so large (she was 10lbs natural birth and 2 weeks late).
Rachel at 2 weeks away from my due date was already showing her to be between 9 -11lbs. So I was scheduled for induction the next day. Two weeks early and she was 9lbs 5oz! She ended up a C-Section tho.
So it sounds like your doctor is really great at making sure you'll be well taken care of there at the end!
Do you typically wait to find out the gender of the baby until the big day?? Or will you find out in another ultrasound??
YAY!! What a beautiful baby! :) I go in on Wed for my 3rd Ultrasound...I think this time it will REALLY look like a baby instead of just a shrimp with a head! :)
aaaaaaaaaw....... the first photo...lovely...
got your blog message.. anytime...
G.
I am glad that the appt. went well. Can't wait to meet the little one! Love ya!
Oh my goodness! I haven't been over in awhile and I had no idea you were expecting! Big congrats! I am so jealous, I want another one. Hot dogs? Really?
Oh I love Dr. Avants. I work with her at Labor and Delivery when she comes to deliver and she also delivered my son. She is one amazing Doc. YOu have the best of the best!
Yippee for a great ultrasound! That is wonderful! So sorry about the bologna...that is a new one I had not heard of. Same with feta cheese. What is left? :)
Carrie
to bad hot dogs are like the #1 craving amongst pregnate women. I can't wait to find out boy or girl. do you have a feeling either was????
How cute. Thanks for the due date. I will circle it in red!!! She is by far the best O.B. ever! Even as a first time mom she trusted my intuition.
I know I live in a cave but I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congrats! Sorry I'm so lame!
What a sweet bean!!!!!
We can't eat that stuff??? Bummer!
Sounds like you have a fantastic doctor!
Post a Comment