Friday, January 9, 2009

{Earthquake}


Did you feel it? Last night I was at Pictionary and we had just finished drawing the word squeal when it hit. A 4.5 earthquake that centered in San Bernardino on the corner of 5th street and E street. It was wierd because their was a sound first like someone hit the house and then the shaking began. It only lasted a few seconds. Everyone screamed and we all looked at each other not knowing if we should duck or not. Dee Dee our host, has a pool and you could see the water splashing out. It took us a little while to get back to the game but we continued. That was actually the closest I have ever been to an epicenter. It was only two miles away. It gave me a good scare I won't lie but it is just letting me know that I need to finish getting my emergency supplies ready. I think I am good on food but I need to get more water.

6 comments:

Tasha said...

It definatly had my heart going last night. Brian said we even had a few things fall down. It too gets me realizing what things I still need to do to prepare.

Jessica said...

We need to prepare too, since we have moved out here, we have been close to a few epicenters and I thought our house was going to fall down.

Alysia Cook said...

Nothing like a little earthquake to get you thinking about the important things. I am glad that it wasn't serious. And, CONGRATS on your impending arrival. That is so exciting!!! Also, don't worry about what any other moms say about this being number 6, this baby is lucky to be coming to such a loving and involved mom!!!!

lynda said...

One thing I really don't miss about CA! A good reminder for me too about being prepared.

Anonymous said...

I hate earthquakes! I got so scared once that I had to call Rob and ask if I could bring the kids over and sleep there. I'm a big Chicken!

Da Bergs said...

I was in Utah, but my hubby had some people over and they were watching the game... some of dallin's friends (girls) were under the kitchen table! AND two my my hubby's friends were freaking out too! Must have really rocked!