Sunday, October 5, 2008

{you should smell my house}

Every time conference rolls around my kids put in a request for cinnamon rolls and seminary bread. In the past my mom usually brings everything already assembled but this year she brought everything over and helped me assemble it. Now I know how to make it so I am going to share it with you.

Seminary Bread (I am sure their are other names but this is what we call it)

1 2oz pkg chopped walnuts
1 pkg Bridgford frozen rolls 24 pack ( you can use any brand)
1 small box Jello butterscotch pudding (only use 1/2)
cinnamon

1 stick of butter
1 cup packed brown sugar

Night before:

Spray Bundt Pan with cooking spray, pour walnuts evenly around the bottom of the pan and then add frozen rolls. Sprinkle 1/2 the bag of butterscotch pudding evenly over rolls. Sprinkle with cinnamon (use as much or as little as you would like)cover with towel and let rise overnight.

In a saucepan add butter and brown sugar.
I let this sit out overnight on the stove
In the morning your rolls should look like this. Melt the butter and sugar mixture then pour over rolls. Be careful not to let the mixture roll off onto your counter or stove. Place in a 350* oven and cook for 30 minutes. I placed a baking sheet under it because it will spill over.
The finished product.
Enjoy, I love eating it with a nice cold glass of milk.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man those look good! Wish I was there to help you eat it! Miss you all! Oh and I called it monkey bread when I was a kid.

Amelia said...

We called it monkey bread too! :) That looks SO good! Making my mouth water!!

Sallie said...

Funny, I was on the same page as the other girls. We call that monkey bread. Looks yummy.

Da Bergs said...

HOW funny!!! I posted that recipe too! It is just a LITTLE different... had them yesterday morning YUMMM!!! I think I am going to make them for Institute on Tues night too!

angela said...

I'm going to try those. They look so yummy.

Pancake said...

YUMMY!!! We call this monkey bread! I like your title better!

Jessica said...

looks delicious!

Hayley said...

MMMM. Looks divine!

Jules said...

Yum! Sort of like monkey bread, but more fun. I know what is on the menu this weekend. I cannot wait! Thanks for sharing.

Tasha said...

Oh my that looks FABULOUS!! It makes me want some right now. I was going to make cinnamon rolls, but ended up with a headache on Saturday afternoon through Sunday afternoon, so that didn't get done. But, I did set out foods and make soup Sunday night. I think next year I am going with your theme of just cinnamon rolls (and maybe that recipe too, it looks easy and so so sooo yummy!) and then make the soup for inbetween sessions or have sandwiches or something. But, Mmmm, thanks for sharing this recipe!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe!! My family and I LOVE monkey/seminary bread!! Those pictures make me want to eat some right now.

~gina lee said...

yum.... share the goods... :)
yumm-o..

Dianna said...

That looks awfully yummy!

Teagan said...

oh my gosh...Now I am craving this... Man-if we lived closer to one another I would be knocking and sitting on your doorstep right now asking for a taste! YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!

&D designs said...

WOW this looks amazing! Love your blog!

Kellee Smith said...

I stumbled on your blog and can't wait to try these rolls. Thanks for sharing!