Tuesday, October 7, 2008

{ramblings of a sick momma}

  • Last night my team lost to the Boston Red Sox 2-3 in the bottom of the ninth inning. It wasn't supposed to end like that. As you know I love sports and my two favorite teams are the Angels and the Lakers. I have seen them lose in the past, I have seen them not make the playoffs and I will just move on but for some reason this time feels like my kids lost the most important game of their life. There is light at the end of the tunnel though, tonight is the Lakers first televised game and it's against none other than the Jazz or otherwise known as the worst fans in the NBA. Go Lakers!
  • Yesterday was cleaning day just like every Monday is and I was able to get so much accomplished. You know why? Cole slept until 2:15. Yep that's correct he slept in that long and I finally had to go in and wake him up. I think that it has a lot to do with his sleep apnea. He is always tossing and turning through the night and it seems like he is not sleeping soundly. Over the last few months it is getting worse so hopefully at his next Dr.s appt. we can figure something out.
  • I was just hit with my first cold of the season. I just want to lay around all day and do nothing so hopefully Cole cooperates. I don't like being sick but maybe it's my body telling me to slow down. All I know is that it better be gone by Thursday so that I can enjoy Pictionary.
  • I am planning on getting my sewing machine out today for the first time. It is still in the box and I need to make my girls their Halloween bags for school and their skirts for their Halloween costumes. This year they are going to be pirate girls. I am still loving that they are letting me choose their costumes.
  • Happy Birthday Uncle Joe. I know he doesn't read this but if for some fluke thing he does I want him to see that I remembered....lol

9 comments:

Sandra said...

Go buy some Zicam and you will all better! I PROMISE. 4 TIMES A DAY WITH A COTTON SWAB IN YOUR NOSE.

It is a miracle and completely holistic! No medicine at all!

Hope you are better soon!

Some replacement Brown sugar is coming soon!

Tasha said...

I was pretty sad about the Angels too!!! So sad actually. And you are sick as well. No fun! I am just getting over a cold and this is my second one in like a month and a half. I hope this does not fortell this winter for me. I hope you are feeling a lot better by Thursday for Pictionary too. I am so looking forward to it. I will probably be a few minutes late because of soccer, but I AM coming!! (Yea!) How fun you are sewings your girls costumes too. I making cowboy costumes for Tanner and Brayden. They are excited :)

lynda said...

2:15???!!! :)

Michelle said...

Sorry your sick, mons aren't allowed to be sick.

Chloe and Christian have their first colds of the season too. Must have been the cooler weather we had for like 1 day. :)

Sallie said...

Hope you feel better. Take it easy, I know you have a lot on your plate.

Rachel Berry said...

Oh I hope you get better soon! I just got over a nasty illness, I promise I didn't share.

Anonymous said...

Feel better. And maybe when your feeling better you could call me back.

Alysia Cook said...

Being sick stinks!!! I love your blog and I am so going to try the cookies. We make Seminary bread at our house on conference weekend as well, how funny. Also, I just got a package of clothes from Crazy 8, I love them too. Hope you feel better soon!!!

Jessica said...

Hope your feeling better, I hate having a cold, esp when its so hot outside.