This weekend Chase and Garrett had a 24 hour baseball practice.
This was their schedule:
3:30- 4:00 team meeting
4:00-6:00 practice
6:00-6:30 change clothes/get ready for dinner
6:30-7:30 family bbq
7:30-8:30 team games
8:30-10:30 movie/snacks
10:30-11:00 get ready for bed
11:00 lights out
6:45-7:30 breakfast
7:30-8:00 dress for practice
8:00-10:00 practice game 11year olds vs 12 year olds
10:00 go home

Instead of dinner the boys wanted to play. Some played basketball, some skated, some played with their rc cars. Chase played basketball (big surprise) and Garrett was just hanging out with his coaches.

These were some of the dad's that bbq'ed for us. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, and carne asada. We had several salads, fruit, chips, and snacks to choose from. I brought the hamburger patties and a pasta salad.

The moms got to hang out and visit. The weather was perfect not too hot not too cold we even had a slight breeze that felt great.

Garrett enjoyed hanging out with his teammates at the benches. I am not sure if Garrett's team invited the parents because only a few showed up.

After dinner Chase's team played some games. The first one was an egg toss. We got a good laugh watching the kids try to catch an egg without breaking it. Chase and Steven were partners and the last about 6 tosses each round. Both ended up getting egg yoke all over them.

I love this picture of Chase. He is concentrating on catching the egg but then....

.....oops missed. Yuck yoke everywhere. Just think they had no showers there either.

Frankie, Grayson, and Garrett watching the older boys play their games.

Next came a game of tug o war. This rope that they used was the biggest rope I have ever seen. Chase's team challenged Garrett's and Chase's team ended up winning but it was not easy. Garrett's team gave them a run for their money. Chase was the at the front of the rope on his team and Garrett was the anchor for his team.

Then they wanted a rematch with the coaches and Chase's team let go of the rope and they all fell down. We all had a good laugh.

The last game that was played was spin the bat. They each had to put their head on a bat and spin around 10 times then they had to run and touch a designated spot. I think that this was the funniest game of all.
After the games Garrett's team was nowhere to be found. Chase's team knew something was up so they were ready. Garrett's team had gone and made water balloons but Chase's team had water balloons and a hose. I am sure you can guess what team was wetter than the other.
The boys then watched Remember the Titans. They had a little bit of trouble getting the sound to work on the TV so the boys ran off and played some more. I decided that it was time for me to leave so I said goodbye and Chase walked me out to the car. He had a hard time saying goodbye. He was a little bit nervous and didn't want me to leave. I told him to be brave and that I would come and get him if he needed me too. That night I had a hard time sleeping because I was afraid I was going to miss his call but he ended up doing fine. They didn't end up going to sleep until 2:30 Chase said.
Chad's mom brought McDonald's for breakfast and then they had their scrimmage. Chase's team won 4-1 but Garrett's team did really well against them. Chase and Garrett had a blast and I think all the kids loved it.
7 comments:
How fun! You are certainly keeping yourself busy this summer!
That sounds like it turned out well. I am glad Chase was able to stay all night. That's a big deal for him.
Great pictures too.
what a big day. I remember the days when we could just go and go and go... oh to be young again:)
It is amazing how fast life with boys will go by with their jam packed schedules. HOw much fun this all sounds like - Enjoy them while you can.
Holy cow Letti! I don't know how you do it all! That's one crazy schedule!
What a great idea! It sounded like fun for all.
wow, that's a long practice!
Post a Comment