Saturday, May 24, 2008

{singing for Father's Day}

As many of you know I am the song leader in Primary and every year we are asked to sing for Father's Day. I wanted to do something a little differnt so we changed some of the words around. The first verse was written by a girl named Kara on my Yahoo group. The boys will be singing the first verse. My mom, Syd, and I wrote the second verse and it will be sung by the girls. In singing time tomorrow we will write a third verse and it will be about our Bishop. How does it sound?

Daddy’s Homecoming

I'm so glad when daddy comes home,
He shoots some hoops with me;
He lights the grill and cooks the meal, Then watches some T.V.
We go for walks and have long talks, He's always teaching me.
When I grow up I want to be Just like my dad.

I’m so glad when daddy comes home,
He sometimes tickles me;
He holds the rope so I can jump and plays hopscotch with me;
He blesses me when I am sick
He loves my mother too
When I grow up I want to marry someone just like you

4 comments:

apee said...

I love the words Letti, good luck!

angela said...

Sounds cute. What is the tune it is song to?

Tasha said...

SOOO CUTE!! I can't wait to hear what you write in Primary today. To bad I am not there. What a great idea Letti!

Rowdy Family said...

we think it's awesome