Sunday, January 6, 2008
One of those days.....
Today was one of those days that I wish I could erase. It all started last night when Cole didn't want to sleep. I put him down to bed like I always do at around 8. I didn't hear anything so I went back to the family room to watch TV. At around 9:45 I decided it was time for me to hit the sack. So as I was heading to bed I here Cole crying. My first thoughts were "how long as he been crying? I hope he hasn't been crying since I put him down." I picked him up and he was still sobbing on my shoulder. I knew that he had been crying for a while. I decided not to take him in bed with me because I didn't want him to wake up Darian since he was going to be going to work in the middle of the night. Cole and I went in the family room and watched TV until midnight when Darian got his call for work. I tried laying down in my bed but he was still crying. I thought that maybe something was wrong but there was nothing that stood out. Darian went to work and still no change. I was almost to the point that I was going to call my mom but I figured that it probably wouldn't do any good and I would just wake her up from her sleep and I didn't think it was fair. After that everything became a blur. The last time I remember looking at the clock it said 1:46. I have no idea what time Cole or I fell asleep but I do remember waking up at 11:00 am. It was too late to go to church which I was bummed because fast Sundays are me favorite sacrament meetings. It seems that when I miss church things don't run as smoothly for me. I hope that Heavenly Father knows my intentions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Letti,
Of course God knows your heart. It is the only thing he sees in us. He gave you charge over your precious children and you took charge just like a good mom. He expects us to take care of our babies the way he takes care of us... unconditionally. You slept because you needed to recharge to take care of the other children too. I believe doing what we have to for our family is a kind of church, in our soul. I don't care what anyone says. You were the only one that could have comforted that baby and he obviously needed you. I'll just bet God spared you today from something worse, and used Cole as your protection. There will be other Sunday Services, but Cole will not be this small to hold forever.
Don't worry Lettie. Sometimes nights are crazy like that and it was not like you purposfully missed church. Brian and I almost missed getting up for Brian's meetings. The time change is tuff too. Getting things ready and such. I hope tonight is a much better night for you!!! When I am up with one of the boys all night it takes a bit of time for me to revive. I hope nothing is wrong with Cole either. Stuff like that stresses me out because you can't always pin point it. I am impressed your other kids let you sleep until then. Way to go your kids on taking care of themselves when they could tell Mom needed sleep! I did miss you at church today. I kept hoping everything was okay.
I am with you Letti...we missed church again this week...for the 3rd time in a row. It makes me very ashamed. But Boston & Logan both have colds with runny noses and very congested...so what do you do? We were going to go to Sacrament but the time change makes ours at 1:30 and I just hate Logan' missing his nap when he is sick because I truly think their little bodies need a good nap to get better. Boston hasn't been sleeping well at all because she loves her binkie and she can't breathe when she has it in her mouth...poor little thing. Sucking it out doesn't seem to help either.
What Saundra wrote earlier is exactly what I believe. (What a great friend with such wonderful wisdom!) I just remind myself that we only have a short window in our lives where our children are our first responsibility, & count on us for everything...then they are adults. We need to enjoy this time!
Thanks for the nice comment yesterday! Hope your little one sleeps better!
Guess what? There will be church again next week!
Post a Comment