Tuesday, August 27, 2013

{back to school but this time in Texas}

The first day of school has finally arrived here in Texas.  Our summer has been especially long because we are so used to starting school at the beginning of August back in California.  The kids excitement levels were all over the place.
Cole was ready to ride the bus and make new friends but he really wished he was going to the same school as his cousins.  Grayson goes to school where Amelia teaches and Miles and Rowdy go to Justin Elementary.
Kaidee was the most excited!  She could not wait to go to middle school and make some friends.  She has 8 different classes and a locker she was beyond excited.  I on the other hand am nervous for her because she will be the youngest in 6th grade by 2 months.  The cut off in Texas is September 1st and in California its December 1st.  Her birthday is November 6th but because she already did 5th grade in California and her report card and star testing was so good they wouldn't keep her in 5th as I wanted.
Chloe's emotions were all over the place.  She wants to make friends but then feels like she won't.  As a mom that makes me sad.  I know she will be ok it might take a little bit but I know she will make friends.
Chase will be a senior this year at Northwest High School.  I am having a hard time knowing that I will have an 18 year old in just over 2 months.  He has grown up so fast and he really is a good boy.  So far being the mother of teenagers has been pretty easy and I love it.  I have been praying my guts out for this boy.  He has taken the move pretty hard, he misses his friends, his school, and the fact that he only would of had 4 classes at GTHS.  He has had a few melt downs but I have seen how much he has grown from them.  I look forward to seeing how everything turns out for him this year.
I am loving the start times of their schools too.  Cole's school is from 7:45 to 2:30.  Chloe and Kaidee go from 9:30 to 4:30.  Chase's school starts at 8:30 and ends at 3:30.  I love that I will have alone time with each group.  Cole and Chase will be in the afternoon and the girls will be in the morning.  Chase has seminary in the morning then he goes straight to soccer practice the right to school.
Cole was so excited to ride the bus.  He gets picked up and dropped off at our house.  In California my kids went to a magnet school so I had to drive them to and from school everyday I am not going to miss that!
Paisley couldn't wait for him to get home.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Love it! They are all gonna be so successful. How awesome he gets picked up at your house!!