Monday, November 14, 2011

{Christmas Lights Banner}

I have really been in a crafty mood lately.  All I want to do is decorate and makes things for Christmas.  I know it's not even Thanksgiving but I am ready for Christmas plus when my house is all decorated it feels like the holidays.  I just recently made this Christmas Light Banner and I thought I would share with you how I made it.

Materials:
3 coordinating fabrics
string of lights
scissors
First I choose three different fabrics.  Using myscissors I cut strips 1 inch wide by 7 inches long.
Then I took my lights and folded them in half so they weren't so long.  I like having more lights closer together.   Then just take your fabric pieces and tie them in a knot around the lights.  Make sure you alternate the fabric strips.
Then plug it in and that's it.
Here's a close up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute!!

Keriann said...

I love it! I was hoping to make one of these for Halloween but didn't get a chance to...I hadn't thought about doing it Christmas style! Thanks for sharing! And LOVE that old window!

Tasha said...

I LOVE it!!! That is such a fun idea