Sunday, July 24, 2011

{works for me: conversation starters}

Do you sit down at the dinner table with your family every night?  I wish I can say that we do but we don't.  Between sports, trains, plays, and meetings we just aren't able too.  It's not that we are busy with bad things it's just that were busy and it's our reality.  So when we do get to eat together I enjoy it.

I wanted to make up some fun questions to have at the table so that we can have some fun conversations.  My teenagers aren't always wanting to talk about things or open up so I knew I had to do this.  I found these white glass vases at Michael's.  I cut out the question mark with my cricut and stuck it on the front to add some fun.  I printed out some questions, cut them out, then folded them, and stuck then in the vase.

Now all we have to do is take turns pulling questions out and the fun begins.

How does a train stay on the track?
What is your favorite movie and why?
If you could change your name what would you change it too?
If you had one superpower what would it be?
What do you want to be when you grow up?
How many kids do you want?
What are you going to name your kids?
If you could invite a famous person to dinner who would it be? What would you talk about?
What is the most important thing about being a good friend?
What do you want to be for Halloween?
If you were president of the U.S. what would you change?
If you had 10 million dollars what would you do with it?
If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Where would you love to go on vacation?
If you play any sport professionally what would you play?
What college do you want to go to?
Where do you want to serve a mission?
Who has it easier children or parents?
What’s your favorite family memory?
What will you do different with your kids than we do with you?
What princesses are you most like?
What superheros are you most like?
If you could be any character at Disneyland which one would you be?
Which of the seven dwarfs are you most like?
Where would your perfect birthday party take place?
What is one thing you would like to change in your room?
Who are the three people you admire most?
If you could switch places with anyone in the world who would it be?
Who has been your favorite teacher so far?
Has anyone ever said anything to you that a affected a decision you were going to make?
Which teacher or coach has had the most impact on you and why?
If the house was on fire what would be the first item you would want to take with you?
What did you have for lunch today?
What is one thing about each of your family members that you love?
Who is your favorite person from history and why?
Who is someone you admire and why?
What would you do if someone gave you a thousand dollars?
If your pet was sick and no one was home, what would you do?
What would you do if you found a big bag of $ at the park?
Which distant family member do you wish could join us at dinner today?
What is your favorite childhood memory?
What is one book that you would have with you on a deserted island?
What is your biggest fear?
What would you do for a job if money were no object?
What did you do to be kind today and what will you do tomorrow?”
What was the best and the worst parts of your day?
If you could have anything you want for supper, what would you have?
If I gave you $10 to spend on just you what would you buy?
If you could do anything for one day, what would it be?
What was your HIGHLIGHT of the day?
What scares you?
What makes you nervous?
What would you do if you were invisible?
If your Dad could change jobs what would other job would he have?
What is your favorite ride at Disneyland?
What is your hobby?
What is your favorite TV Show?
What is your favorite cartoon?
If there was an earthquake and Dad and Mom were not home what would you do?

3 comments:

Brian said...

I enjoyed this post, as I enjoy all of your posts. I just don't know how to click something to make "0 people enjoyed this post" go away.

Anonymous said...

I love mine too thanks !! :)

Tasha said...

Love this!! You are so clever and always teaching me