Friday, July 8, 2011

{Justin, Texas part 1}

I don't know about you
but I am a visual learner.
So when someone tells me
about something cool
I want to see some pictures.

This post is for all of my
visual learning friends.
I am going to take you on a
tour of Justin, Texas.
Where I have been staying
for the last month.

I will be breaking it up into
two posts. I don't want to
overwhelm you in one post.

This is the entrance into Lynda
and Cody's neighborhood.

Isn't this pretty.
Texas has a lot of trees.
In the spring these trees are
covered in blossoms.
(popcorn popping)

Lynda's house.
Yes, that is my family packing
the car for our trip home.
Lynda's house looks small from the outside
But when you walk in you realize it's
pretty big. Four big bedrooms.
Three full baths and one big game room
above the garage. I love her home.

This is Lynda's neighbor
that lives across the street.
I want to live in this home so bad.
It's for sale too. $257,000
4100 square feet. Five bedrooms
all but two have there own bathrooms
The other two share a jack and jill bathroom.
You can't find a house like this for this
price in Southern California.

Here is Justin's Main Street.

The Justin Trading Post is our favorite store.
They have lots of old and vintage stuff.
I have learned that if I am looking
for old doors, windows, or anything old
small towns are where its at.


Check out this old church
that was made into a house.
I was hoping my sister knew
the residents so I could take a look
at the inside. I can imagine.

My sister says that Justin Boots
are not from here but I think she's wrong.
They have four big buildings here
in this tiny town on Main street.
I need to google it.

Justin Elementary School
is located behind Lynda's
and Cody's neighborhood.
There is even a cute walking
path for the kids.

This is there brand new park.
Its located across the street
from Cody's house.

Here is another one of Lynda's
neighbors houses.
It just sold for $250,000.
That's just crazy to me.
You definitely get your money's worth here.

This is Cody and Celeste's home.
Can you see what Celeste did for Cody
for Christmas. When you come to Texas
they are all about the Texas star. So Celeste
painted Cody a California Bear. I think its perfect!
Cody lives about 15 houses away from Lynda.

Here is another house in Justin
that I love. It just looks so inviting.
I love the porch although its too hot here
to enjoy it in the summer.

I hope you enjoyed the tour.
Stay tuned for part 2.

5 comments:

Misty said...

Hi Collette, thank-you for the tour! I loved it! Me and my family are looking to possibly moving to Texas soon.

Keriann said...

Thanks for the tour! So fun! I love that last white house!

Anonymous said...

love those houses! I wish you could buy that kind of house for that kind of money here.

Krysta said...

What a cute little town! No wonder you want to move there. It would be so fun to be that close to family.

Tasha said...

Oh, I am just loving this!! Please post the next post on more. I love seeing where they live. Lynda's house is gorgeous. I just love it. It is amazing what you can get for so much less there. What a treat you got to go for a month. I am so glad you got to do that.