Tuesday, April 5, 2011

{new colors}

Today at our house we added lots of color. I have had this dresser in the kitchen for a while now but I was unsure of what color to paint it. I finally decided on a teal blue. I woke up early went to Home Depot to get the supplies then started this project. I don't know why but whenever I have to host a party at my home I want to do a project. Usually its organizing but today was different. It took several bottles of spray paint to get the right color and then I just glazed it to make it look more aged and not too bright.



Darian and Paisley added color to the front planters. Darian planted 6 iceberg roses and lots of red and yellow pansies. Paisley held onto Rally as she picked the pretty petals off a few flowers. Darian also planted another plum tree in the backyard. We have a plum tree already but it only produces fruit every other year. We did some research and in order to get fruit every year you need at least two plum trees. Hopefully this will help.



Today was also a very sad day. Garrett's Grandmother Penny passed away this afternoon. We only knew she was sick for about two weeks. Penny was such a loving grandmother not only to Garrett but to my kids as well. We will all miss her dearly but we now know that she is in a much better place and we will see her again. Please keep Garrett in your prayers.

6 comments:

KRISTIE said...

love the color!!

Tasha said...

I love (love) the color you chose on the cabnet. It is gorgeous.

I am so sorry to hear about Garrett's grandma. Send him my love (and your family too).

lynda said...

It looks so good! We should have been doing stuff like this at my house while you were here! :)

Keriann said...

I'm off to get a second Apple tree today for the same reason, well kind of. My apple tree will produce fruit but it will produce WAY more if I have another type of apple tree to cross pollinate! I'm super excited about having apples!!

I love the color of the cabinet!

Please give Garrett a hug from us! Hugs to all of you.

Anonymous said...

I love how it turned out! Good color choice.

Hugs to Garrett!!

Emily said...

sorry i didnt get back to you on the color! we just got it at home depot too then used a spray gun but yours looks great! you will love the teal i LOVE mine!! loving the springy-ness :)