Wednesday, September 1, 2010

{pictionary}

On the first Thursday of every month I am busy. If you want to find me I will be hanging out with these girls at Pictionary. I am sure you are wondering what the heck Pictionary is so let me tell you.

Our group consists of 12 girls (sometimes less sometimes more.) We get together once a month for a night of fun playing pictionary. We divide up into 4 teams of 3. There are two tables and 2 teams at each table. Each table has two white boards, markers, and a set of pictionary cards. At each table a person from will draw the same picture and whichever team guesses first gets to put their number in a bowl. (every girl has a bag of popsicle sticks with a number on it 1-12) We switch teams and tables throughout the night but we always keep the same sticks with numbers with us. So each table will be picking different words.


Since there are 12 girls everyone takes a turn at hosting a different month. When you are the host you provide dinner, candy for the tables, drinks, and dessert. Each girl brings a prize each month so that we can keep the cost down for the host.


At the end of the night we all put our sticks in a large bowl. The host then draws one stick out at a time and when she calls your number you can come and pick a prize. We try to bring prizes that we would like because we could get our own prize back. The host also chooses a theme for our prizes as well. We have had some really creative themes such as G, death by chocolate, your favorite things, etc. This month our theme is Fall/Halloween.


This is one night a month that I look forward to more than any other night during the month. Last month I wasn't able to go because we were in Utah for my cousins wedding so I feel like I haven't had my pictionary fix for a while now. I can't wait for Thursday to get here. PS We are always looking for subs so if you are interested let me know. All you have to bring is a prize. It can't get any better than that. So if your looking for a fun time, good food, and lots of laughter let me know :)

5 comments:

Amelia said...

You need to use the timer on the camera....your Pictionary group is missing one very important person! YOU!

Amy said...

Is that Christy McMasters I see?? How is she doing? Does she have a blog? Will you please let me know! I'd love to get back into touch with her!

Tasha said...

Oh how I love these nights too. And right now I am exhausted. I am looking forward to some fun evening with the ladies. :)

Anonymous said...

:(...

the cape on the corner said...

that sounds like so much fun, i love that! i really enjoy pictionary, but not as much as taboo. are you familiar with taboo? it's the one with the buzzer and a list of words you can't say as you try to get your partner to guess what you are describing. it's my favorite!