Monday, March 22, 2010

{bakersfield day 1}

At our house we are very last minute. With a husband who is on call 7 days a week we have to be. Tuesday while I was at work I decided I needed to get away and what better place than Jill's.

I called her husband to make sure it was ok because I wanted to surprise Jill. I talked to Darian and my mom and everything was set. I only took Kaidee, Cole, and Paisley because the boys were in school and Chloe had practice for Aladdin.

I left work at noon and I was packed and on the road by 1:30pm. I almost changed my mind but Darian told me that if I waited until my calendar was free than I would never go. This was going to be the only time to go because of Cole's schedules surgery on Friday.

I ended up calling Jill after talking to my mom. I would love to be surprised by a guest but only if my dh had cleaned all day...lol

It was a nice drive and the kids were very well behaved.

When we arrived the kids went straight to the backyard to see the chickens. Kaidee was not afraid.

Cole had to warm up a bit.

He even held a chicken......

but then the chicken started moving and Cole threw it.


Jill told Cole he could go the bathroom outside but the chickens got too close and got a bath.
Neil gave Paisley her first sucker and she loved every bit of it.


They rode skateboards down the hill.
They played on the slide and laughed.

This water table was a huge hit, until Cole dug a hole in the grass and put the dirt in the table to make mud.
Our first day was lots of fun. But stay tuned to see what else we did.

6 comments:

lynda said...

Awww. It looks like the kids had tons of fun together! I'm glad you went!

KRISTIE said...

glad you got a way for a while. my hubs is on call 24/7 too, i know how hard and tiring it can be :(
i will be thinking of you on friday!

Mom's Place said...

LOL! Cole!!!! Too funny and so fun!

Tasha said...

Looks like the perfect get away to me! I am glad you just up and went. That Darian got you to go in the end. My favorite pictures are of Cole throwing the chicken and then peeing on them. So boy. So funny. Can't wait to hear what else you were up to :)

American Mom said...

We had a great time meeting you and can't wait to hang out again! Next time just let Cole come stay with us!!

Krysta said...

How fun! Impromptu vacations really are the best!