Monday, January 12, 2009
{Cole's check up}
Today Cole had his Doctor's appointment with the Orthopedic Surgeon. The appointment was a waste all they did was ask him to wiggle his toes and then they asked me how he was doing. I said he was fine but I told him that his cast smells really bad. The Doctor said it wasn't bad at all and he has smelled far worse. I can't imagine what worse would be? He did say that the cast can come off in another 3-4 weeks. Cole was acting shy and would not really even look at the doctor until he showed him his tie that had a bunch of children making silly faces. I think that they could of just asked me all of that over the phone without having me come in. No wonder insurance is so high. That appointment probably cost my insurance $350.00 for nothing. I would have been really mad if I had to pay for that out of pocket. So I tried to make his appointment for 3 weeks but the Doctor will be out so we had to make it for four weeks. His cast is scheduled to come off February 9th. I hope that these next for weeks fly by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
That's really weird. Whenever we went into our orthopedic surgeon, they did an xray and checked for swelling. I'm sure that a cast could stink, but Caroline's cast didn't stink and she had it for 6 weeks. Hmmm. I guess every case is different.
I hate appointments like that!
You should make a paper chain for him to count down days until the cast comes off. :)
I would not have been happy either! If I am going to bring a child in to the doctor it had better be worth it. I am sorry it went that way and now you have to wait until Feb. 9th too. Ugg. Hang in there.
I hate those kinds of doctors appointments. It's so annoying when you think that your going to get a lot out of the visit and it turns out being little to nothing. Feb 9th can't come fast enough.
I would have been upset too. He could have at least been a little nicer to you and offered some sort of suggestions or encouragement for the cast. Poor Cole! I really hope these next few weeks fly by for you too.
Frustrating isn't it??
Rachel sees the craniofacial team at Loma Linda and has her yearly appointment with them in 2 weeks. It's a team of five doctors who come in and out and look at her and are really quick to get out of the room most times.
The type of insurance we have, and how they bill for that appointment, we have to pay for it 100%. Those appointments are $700+.
Omigosh, dont even get me started on Dr. bills!!!!!! and how they ask one question and spend all of 5 min with you and then charge you an arm and a leg!!!!
Poor guy... I hope the next 4 weeks fly by too!!!
Oh poor Cole and poor oyu too. I know it is hard to take function with him in that big ole cast. I'm sure the next weeks will be over before you know it.
Sorry, I can't type today. I meant I know it's hard function...
I'm glad he can get his cast off soon, although I'm sure it's not soon enough for either of you! Hang in there. BTW - I can't stand app. like that either!
I'm glad he can get his cast off soon, although I'm sure it's not soon enough for either of you! Hang in there. BTW - I can't stand app. like that either!
I'll be hoping that time flies by too! Only 4 weeks! I'm glad everything is looking good. Poor little guy!
I hate those type of appointments too. Just be thankful you have insurance!
At least now you have a "light at the end of the tunnel" date. Sorry that it's still so far away.
Doctor offices suck that is for sure!!! Poor baby give him a kiss for me.
Post a Comment