Friday, October 3, 2008

{little helper and a recipe}

My friend Tasha made some wonderful m&m cookies last month and I asked her if she would post the recipe on her blog. These cookies were so good so I was excited to see that she had posted the recipe on her blog. If you look close in these pictures you can see the jar of m&m's behind Cole in the picture below. My family kept eating them so I knew I had better make these cookies before they were all gone. Cole loves to sit on the counter whenever anyone is cooking and this time was no exception. I had to be careful because he could not control his little finger it always seemed to be in the dough until I gave him the beaters.

It was funny watching him lick his lips for every last drop. There are perks to having all of your brothers and sisters at school, no sharing when it came to the spoons and beaters.
This recipe made just over 50 cookies. Let me tell you they were just as good as I remembered them to be. The kids came home from school and enjoyed having these with a glass of milk while they did their homework.m&m Cookies
Sift Together:
4 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
2 tsp. salt
Other Ingredients:
2 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 tsp. vanilla
2 cups shortening
2 cups m&m's
4 eggs
Cream shortening and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla - beat until smooth. Add sifted dry ingredients and stir until blended. Stir in m&m's. Drop by the spoonful on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes (lightly brown). Enjoy!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Ok so your cookies look yummy, but does that kid ever have clothes on?? :)~

Amelia said...

YUM! My kids would love that!! I just made a new cookie too last night...I'll post the recipe...peanut butter cookies!! :)

Holly said...

thanks for the recipe!! I think i'll make them today!!

Tasha said...

Mmm, yours turned out looking so good! It makes me want to make them right now. I am glad you and Cole had fun making them together. That recipe really is my favorite! (And I laughed when I saw how many of the M&M's were already gone! :) )

Pancake said...

thanks for the reciepe he is a CUTIE!

Sallie said...

He's so cute. Caroline just likes the brownies.

Anonymous said...

I was just on the phone with your hubby... He was trlling me how great the were. Surprise, surprise. Hehehe. I will have to try it.

lynda said...

YUM!

Anonymous said...

oooh, I want to make those right NOW!! And..I have that same vase that the M&M's are in! I love it!

Rowdy Family said...

I can vouch for the taste. And i loved how they looked! thanks for always sharing your sweets!