Monday, August 11, 2008

{to comment or not to comment}

This has been on my mind lately and I was wondering what makes bloggers comment on some posts and not on others. As a blogger I get so excited when I see that someone has left a comment it makes my feel like what I am doing is enjoyable to others. I am doing this as sort of a journal for my family and also to keep in touch with family and friends near and far. When I read others blogs I do not comment on every post but I try to comment on as much as I can. If I have nothing in common with a post than I won't comment because I feel like I can't give an honest opinion. I have also made some really good friends because I have commented on their blogs. I did not know these people beforehand and I was able to find their blogs through blog surfing. I also tend to comment on blogs that post more often and not commenting on blogs that post once every few weeks. So what things make you decide to comment or not to comment? Be honest, and don't you like to receive comments on your blog?

18 comments:

apee said...

I comment if I have something to add or an opinion. But like you if I don't have an opinion, or maybe if I don't agree I wont comment. I'm not a stir up the pot kinda person. I just like to say something nice. Or add to a conversation if I think it helps or is no trouble. Sometimes I mean to leave a comment and I get side tracked!

apee said...

Oh yes I love to receive comments. My family in Ohio reads my blog and they never comment. They'll send me an email saying I love that pics or so forth. Wish they'd comment!

Michelle said...

I ageree with the other comment. I do love to receive comments and try to comment as often on others blogs as I can. I usually don't if it's something that I don't really have in common with them or if I feel it's a personal post and maybe I shouldn't comment. Anyways...keep on blogging sista...I love your posts!!

Holly said...

I know I LOVE to read comments that I get too! I think my main reason I don't always comment, is time. I try to comment as much as I can though. :)

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem as april. my family calls or emails me about the blog, but never comment on it. Hmmm... Thank goodness for the Bowler family. They always leave the best comments. As for me... I try to get to every blog but there are so many, and so little time. I do my best to keep up.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Michelle.
DeeDee

Sandra said...

I comment if the mood strikes.

I only read 2 other blogs, so i tend to comment a lot.

I, unfortunately, don't mind being a stir the pot kind of person...hee hee,;), but usually try to leave a positive comment. Like I said... I only read 2 other blogs.

Sallie said...

I like to comment, but I get a little sad because I don't get too many comments. I try to comment on everything unless I have to think hard about what to say, then I forget to go back and comment. I wish my family were more inclined to comment, but I guess I should be glad that the look. Sometimes, I get a call and sommeone will say something about what I have been up too, and then I keep thinking how did they know about that. Finally, they tell me they read the blog. Sorry, that was a long comment.

Emily said...

This summer has seemed so busy for me that my commenting has gone down the drain. I try to comment if I have time, but it feels that there is always something going on. I need to find a better time to look at blogs, like when my kids are in bed!

angela said...

I like to comment, but when I have something in common with what is being said.

The Sorensen Family said...

I don't care what it is I love to comment and love getting comments, and letti I have to tell you, you have the most creative blog hands down. I only aspire to be as good as you one day. love you tons alexis

Jessica said...

I get pretty excited when I receive a comment, and then sometimes when people stop comenting I wonder why, and my family is the same way always looks, never comments. I try to always comment when I check out someones blog, just to let them know that I was there.

Anonymous said...

I comment if the writer asks a question, or if it makes me laugh (like Saundra's). I just started reading yours. So, we'll see if I'm honest about myself. Probably, I'm pretty much an open book!

Beki said...

I try to comment something nice too, but I usually don't have enough time to comment. But I think everyone LOVES getting comments.

Anonymous said...

When I started blogging I commented on every single post. Now I'm lucky if I have the time to check others blogs more than once a week...but I love it when I find the time to comment on them all.
HAYLEY

*katie said...

I of course love comments like everyone else. I try my best to always leave comments on my close friends and family blogs... I sometimes do and sometimes don't on those that I "lurk" upon but I'm trying to do it more since I want it to be reciprocated. I have added way too many blogs to my google reader and that is one reason why I don't leave more comments...

Krysta said...

I love getting comments too! Who doesn't? I feel like I'm kind of a loyal commenter with who leaves comments on my blog. There are some blogs that I read that they only leave a comment on my blog once in a blue moon, so I tend to do the same to them. Not very nice, huh? If I have something to say then I will comment and if not, then I keep going to the next thing.

The Norris Family said...

i love getting comments but i can hardly find the time to keep my own blog updated let alone read and comment on anyone else's blog!!