Tuesday, July 1, 2008

{it's Official}

I am now the mother of a Middle Schooler. It sounds so old. Chase graduated a couple of weeks ago from the 6th grade. I still remember following the bus on the first day of school. I wanted to take him myself but he insisted on riding the bus. I am not sure if I am ready for what middle school will bring us. I hear a lot of parents say that your child does a lot of changing during this time. I hope that Chase will continue to make the right choices and that homework won't become a struggle with him.
Chase was the Student Council President this year and he led everyone in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Chase's teacher Mrs. Desmond was one of many great teachers he had in elementary school. Chase and her had a very close relationship. He was in her class for 5th and 6th grade. As a parent it was nice to know your child was well taken care of at school. I am going to miss her this next year.
After the ceremony one of Chase's classmates parents got a limo for 10 children. They ate pizza and went to an indoor go kart track. Chase is on the far left next to his good friend Isac.
Dear Chase, I am so proud of you and the person that you have become so far. I enjoy watching you with your friends and how well liked you are by everyone. When I am at your school it makes me smile to hear the kids say "Hi Chase's Mom." I am so happy for all of your hard work that you put in. I know that reading was not your most favorite thing to do but you did it anyway. I hope that you continue to work hard and that your report cards will continue to be filled with A's. You will probably want to do more things with your friends and not your parents but we will always be your number one fans. I hope that the next 6 years will be as fun and as memorable as the last 6 were. I love you.
Mom



9 comments:

apee said...

Congrats Chase! Letti you should be so proud, Chase is such a nice kid. I hope Logan is like him! I loved your post, it was really sweet.

angela said...

You are going to make me cry! I hope Isac and Chase stay friends through the next 6 years. I need Chase to fill me in on all the school gossip!

I should have sent you the pics from the kart track, sorry.

Krysta said...

Your letter to Chase brought tears to my eyes! It's such a bitter sweet thing when your kids grow up. I hope that he continues to do great too! He's so cute!

Sandra said...

WAY TO GO CHASE!!!

WAT TO GO LETTI!!!

Our children are a testament to the time we put into them. He is a good kid because he has good parents! PAT YOURSELVES ON THE BACK!

Jessica said...

He's so handsome, I've always said he's gonna break some hearts.

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet Letti! Seriously, tears came to my eyes. I am dreading the day Vance becomes a teen. Good luck to you.

Tasha said...

Congratulations to Chase! I truly do hope my boys grow up to be like you. You are a good example, happy, and fun to be around. :) Have fun in Middle School!

~gina lee said...

congrats.. you have a very blessed family Letti..
great job
~g

lynda said...

Chase is almost as tall as you. They grow up too fast! Paige is gonna be taller than me tomorrow.