Friday, May 9, 2008

{you just never know}


Around 2:oo pm yesterday I heard a lot of sirens and they kept getting louder. It always makes me nervous when I hear them getting louder because I am always afraid it will be someone I know. So Cole and I head outside and notice that the street just beyond ours was blocked off by several sheriff cars. You could not see anything from where we were. While we were at dinner a friend called and told us what had happened. Down that street we have a tow company and it is owned by two brothers that Darian knew growing up. If Darian saw him around town they would talk but that was it. Well I guess he had just bought a used car and was driving it to his tow yard when the throttle broke, he continued picking up speed and crashed into a building at the end of the street and lost his life. The road is slightly down hill and so they said that at the time of impact he was going 120 miles per hour. It is a very sad story. The kids and I drove by it this morning and you can see all the skid marks and the point of impact. It was very sad. Even though I didn't know him personally (I met a few times with Darian) my heart aches for his family. You just never know when the last time you see someone will be so make sure you treat people like it is the last time.

4 comments:

Tasha said...

That is so sad. Oh, so sad. I feel for his family too. It just makes me sick as I think about it.

Michelle said...

Wow! That is a really sad story. True,you never know when your last day will be. Live it to the fullest right? Well something like that. :)

Sandra said...

Where was I? I live 2 door down from you and I didn't hear a thing!!!

The Norris Family said...

oh my goodness! you'll never believe this but my parents know the grandmother of the guy who died. She lives 2 houses up from my parentsa nd they always take care of her. her family actually called my parents and asked them to go over to her house so that when she got the call about her grandson she wouldn't be alone. small world!