Monday, May 12, 2008

{mothers day 2008}

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. I had a great day. The morning was a little hectic with church starting at 9 the kids are not always so willing to wake up and get ready. We had to be at church early because the primary was singing the prelude music for Mother's Day. We made it to church at the right time and the kids sang beautifully all of the Mother's loved it. They sang Mother Dear and The Dearest Name for the prelude music and then they sang Love is Spoken Here and Army of Helaman medley with the youth. It sounded so good. I am glad that my talk is over too. I think it went pretty well. I loved hearing my kids say what they loved about me at the end of my talk. My sister came up with that idea and my mom helped them write their talks. It was so sweet. We went to Darian's brother Tods house for a bbq after church. We had a great time. The kids loved playing with their cousins. Its so fun to be with family.
The kids were so excited to give me their gifts they made at school they couldn't even wait until Mother's Day. Chloe gave me hers on Wednesday its a cookbook that her class made. Chloe choose gravy as her recipe. The kids had to come up with their recipes by themselves so it was fun to see what they thought were in the recipes.

Kaidee painted me a flower pot with a beautiful flower inside. I love getting these homemade gifts from my kids. I love seeing the look on their faces when they give them to me.
Chase and Garrett got me an ipod touch. I was not expecting this gift at all. This is my first ipod so I am excited to see all of the neat things I can do with it.
I am so thankful to be a Mother. I love that I can raise these kids to be Mother's and Fathers someday. They bring such joy everyday day with their silliness and their smiles. I sure do love these kids.

6 comments:

Holly said...

I bet you did a fabulous job speaking in church! I still don't think that any mother should have to speak in church on Mother's Day though! lol. What sweet sweet kids you have. Glad you had a great day! :)

Tasha said...

You did do a wonderful job speaking Letti, and I too loved hearing what your kids had to say about you. It was such a sweet way to end the meeting. I really felt like all of church was so good. I LOVED what you did during singing time with the Moms. The kids had so much fun (and I think those Mom's did too!) Thanks for being so wonderful. I really do feel like you are in the calling your suppose to be in. I can't even thank you enough for all you do for the children. I truly do believe it is the most important calling in Primary.

lynda said...

I love Chloe and Kaidee's gifts to you. Chase and Garrett, WOW! Did they go out and get jobs that I don't know about? :)
I'm glad that you're talk is over and done with. I know you did a great job!

Anonymous said...

You deserve it! Your a great mom!

Alison said...

I'm glad all went well with your Primary singing and your speaking. I'm sure you're so glad it's done now! That is sweet your kids got to say what they love about you. And I love Chloe's cookbook. That is so cute!

Sandra said...

OOOOOHHHHHH! An Ipod touch!!!

Tre Chic!!! Now I am coveting that!

OyVay! Something else to save up for.