Saturday, May 10, 2008

{bnsf day at the train museum}

Today we went to Darian's work picnic. We were all planning on going but Darian ended up having to work so our plans changed. Cody called and said that he was going so I decided to take the kids without Darian. The weather was perfect and we all had a great time, I am glad that we were able to go. The picnic was held at a local railroad museum that I have never been too. It was very nice and the kids loved looking at all the different trains.
Here is Chase walking with Cole and you can see an old electric car in the background.
The kids enjoyed eating snow cones and going around to all the miniature trains.
Chase was a big help with Cole. Here they are standing in front of an electric cable car.


We met my brother Cody and his wife Celeste along with Rowdy down at the picnic. I think that they should put this picture on their Christmas card.
The girls enjoyed the train ride. It was pretty short but they still enjoyed it. Too bad Daddy wasn't with us.


Well we have another family picture with one of the parents missing. Usually it is me because I am always the photographer but today it was Daddy. We all missed him but someone has to make some money.
Cole loved sitting by the window. He pointed at everything. The conductor came by and opened the window before we left and Cole loved having the wind on his face but it did make me a little nervous.



Guess who catered the party? In n Out! It doesn't get any better than that. We had double doubles with cheese, chips, and a soda. It was so good.
The kids had fun getting their faces painted. Uncle Cody told Chase and Garrett that whoever got the coolest face painting would get $1. Garrett was the winner. Chase hates having anything on his face.
Chloe just got some fancy glitter thing but it did match what she was wearing...lol
They also had different bouncers there for the kids. Chloe enjoyed jumping down this slide jumper. The best thing was that it was all free.
They had an older train there that the kids could go inside and take a look. Its nice that they did this because Darian is not allowed to give them rides it's just too dangerous.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey, that looks familiar!!1 :) Hope you had as much fun as Christian did a few weeks ago.

Amelia said...

Fun!!....the In-N-Out part is killing me!! Torture Letti!!! :)

Tasha said...

What a fun day!!! I love it! What a fun thing that his work does. I am glad you went and that it turned out so great. Too bad Darian wasn't able to be there. I am sure he was sad about it too.

Alysia Cook said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I love it when there are such fun things to do as a family.