Monday, March 3, 2008

Memory Monday

I have decided to follow my friend Heather as she does her memory Monday. Every Monday she posts a question and then you have to answer it on your blog. So today will be my first one. Please feel free to play if you read my blog. I would love to read your answers.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I was named Collette after my moms best friend growing up. My middle name Marie is after my mom's middle name. Most people call me Letti. Here is why I go by Letti, when my mom was pregnant she really wanted to name me Letti because she had a great Aunt Letti but my Dad did not like the name. So my Dad started calling me Colletti and then when my sister was born she couldn't say Collette or Colletti so she called me Letti and so my mom got her wish. My dad still calls me Collette though.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Monday, as most of you know I have a stepson. When he came over Monday he said some very mean things to me. I won't give you all the details but he basically said I am not his "real mom" and that he didn't have to listen to me. We have been having a hard time with him lately and I am struggling with it everyday. I have been having to say a lot of prayers asking Heavenly Father for help me be a better mom.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No, I would rather type it out on the computer. I have downloaded some really cute fonts recently.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Delia's Roast Beef, if you haven't had a sandwich from there you need to.
5. IF YOU WERE SOMEBODY ELSE, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I would hope so.
6. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Sometimes, it depends on who and when.
7. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes, they have never given me any problems either.
8. WOULD YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMP? Would I? I worked at a bungee jump for 2 years. I have probably jumped over 1000 times. It was one of my most favorite jobs that I have had. Before I could even get a job I had to jump 25 times and then before each shift we had to jump a couple of times. I would love to do it again.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cinnamon Life
10. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No, I don't wear tennis shoes that often I would rather wear sandals but when I do I do not untie them to take them off.
11. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Wow this is a hard question, physically no, mentally yes when I have to be.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? I am not a big fan of ice cream but if I ever do I love Chick Fillet ice dream cones.
13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? If they smile back at me? I also notice their hair.
14. RED OR PINK? This is an easy one, Red, duh!
15. WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU STRUGGLE WITH ABOUT YOURSELF? Everything...lol my weight, my lisp and overbite, and my rear end.
16. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW? Blue jeans, white shirt, with a coral jacket.
17. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Steak, baked potato, grilled zucchini, and a roll.
18. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? Kaidee asking her Dad when she can get up from time out, Darian getting mad at his girl scout cookies because they melted and then he put them in the freezer and they are all stuck together. Cole screaming in the bathtub with Chloe.
19. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? red
20. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SMELLS? clean sheets and towels, gas, fresh cut grass, homemade apple pie, a brand new baby, and dinner ready when I walk in the door.
21. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? A salesman trying to get me to renew my subscription to Cookie magazine.
22. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Any, but I will watch every Laker and Angel game.
23. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR? Dark brown, when I was a little girl my hair was blond.
24. WHAT IS YOUR EYE COLOR? Hazel Green, it can get really green depending on the colors I am wearing.
25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope
26. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD? Anything salty, I love food...lol lets see chips and salsa, cheesy potatoes, a good steak, and anything that someone else has cooked for me.
27. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings for sure, I love watching movies with a happy ending like Enchanted.
28. SUMMER OR WINTER? Well I really love spring but if I have to choose between these two I would say a mild summer.
29. HUGS OR KISSES? Hershey's kisses with almonds...lol
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED...Fools Gold Very cute movie but they could have left one scene out and it would have been even better.
31. FAVORITE DESSERT? Creme Brulee from Ruth Chris's Steakhouse
32. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW? I just bought twilight and I have only read one page so far I keep getting interrupted. This is why I love blogging I can start something and then come back later and pick up right where I left off and nobody would ever know how long I was gone.
33. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? The Angel's logo. Go Angels!!!
34. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? the Laker game and they beat the Dallas Mavericks in overtime.
35. FAVORITE SOUNDS? children laughing and playing and peace and quiet
36. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Neither but if I had to pick one I guess the Beatles.
37. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? The Big Island of Hawaii
38. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Blogging?

3 comments:

Holly said...

I think your special talent is your sincerity and kindness to complete strangers. Always love getting to know you a bit better Letti!

Emily said...

Fun to read more about you!

Sandra said...

I think your lisp is adorable. But truthfully, I didn't notice you had one until you wrote this... so I sat here trying to "hear" it, and yep... it's adorable.