Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What Should I Do


Well as many of you know it is now baseball season. We got a call tonight from Chase coach telling us when practices are etc. Well here is the problem. Garrett is also playing baseball and last year they were on different teams and it was very hard. They had practices on opposite days and when the games started they were either playing on different days or against each other. So basically we had something going on every night of the week except for Fridays and Mondays. The problem with that is that I am basically doing it by myself Darian is on call 7 days a week and we never know from one day to the next when he will be at work so planning things becomes very difficult. It is usually me by myself taking the kids back and forth to practices and when Darian is home he always helps but I can't plan on him. When my brothers played they were always on the same team thats just how it was families played together. But besides all of that the hardest part of having them on two different teams was the contention it brought to our home. The boys were always comparing their teams to each other and arguing over whose team was better. If they were on the same team this wouldn't happen, we asked Chase's coach about it and he said that they just couldn't trade Chase. We made a few calls and it doesn't look like they will change it. I don't want to cause any problems but I also want a peaceful home. I just hope that something will happen to put the two boys on the same team. Do you think that I am justified in wanting this? Or is it asking too much? Please I would love to hear what you think.

6 comments:

Chantri said...

Girl I would be frustrated as ever! I think that is crazy. I would want my kids on the same team as well...and I totally agree on the peace at home stuff! The last thing a mother wants is for her children to compete against eachother. Thats a hard one...especially since Darren isn't able to help out because of work most days...I'm afraid that is how it is going to be for me when my kids start getting into all that fun stuff...I'll be the little taxi, cheerleader, & mother all tied into one. I guess for now you'll just have to sit them both down and explain that it is just a game, whoever wins and whoever looses la da da.... I'm sure you can come up with something better than I can! But a lecture explaining what you expect out of them- as far as respecting eathothers feelings--win or loose.
Good luck. Let the games begin!

CaSeY said...

i dont think you are wrong. thats why my sisters and i are always on the same team it causes so much contention and siblings going against eachother, its just way way way easier when they are on the same team. i think they should put them on the same team...its just dumb if they dont

angela said...

Peace at home is very important, and I think they should be able to play together. If they can't play together then maybe have some kind of rule about the things they say. Like for every competitive thing, they have to compliment each other. I don't know, this would be hard. My mom was big on the "only say something to someone that you would want said back".

Tasha said...

I totally think you are justified in this and I think it is rediculous the league is fighting you back on it. You definatly should be able to have them on the same team and I think the league should have already thought of such things. I would want my boys on the same team too. Especially doing all by myself most of the time. I hope things work out Letti!

Holly said...

I agree w/ Chantri. I think unless you get a miracle, and the coaches will switch the kids over, then your best option is to just sit the kids down and explain how you are feeling and why. I hope it ends up working out for you all. I'm sure it will... you are an amazing mom!

Sandra said...

Miracle accomplished.

Call me or wait for your call.