Since School was cancelled yesterday so was the boys basketball game so they played it tonight instead. Thanks to social media everyone knew to wear Orange because it was her favorite color. Both were on the girls varsity basketball team so that night was all about the girls. They had a moment of silence before the game. The boys basketball team all were wearing orange socks and even the players on the other team were wearing orange too. It gives me goosebumps just thing about it. I also noticed that fans on the opposing team were wearing orange too. I love that a school, city, and even rivals can come together during such a sad time. One other thing happened too. During halftime the girls team from the other school presented orange roses to our girls team in memory of Shyann.
At school today these flowers were left on Shyann's desk.
I know its blurry but you can see all the orange in the crowd. Shyann's family went to the game and after the game was over each of our players came into the stands to give her Dad a hug. I will never forget this night.
No comments:
Post a Comment