My sister Lynda made these really cute costumes for the girls she just used t-shirts and paint.
I love puzzles. My mom discovered these new puzzles called wasgij puzzles. Wasgij is jigsaw spelled backwards. The trick to these puzzles is what you see on the box is either the future or the past of the puzzle. So you don't get any help from the box. Its a little more challenging but its fun trying to figure out what's going to happen. As I was doing this puzzle Paisley came over and wanted to help as most of my kids have done before. But she quickly found a piece and she was hooked. She found several more pieces and loved it. I'm excited to have a child who likes puzzles as much as I do.
These two 6th graders had their first choir concert of the year.
In our school district 6th graders are required to take either, choir, band, or orchestra. Kaidee and Livee both chose choir. At the concert the teachers had them demonstrate different techniques like how to sing high, low, and how they can sign to the different notes with their hands. It was really amazing that they are learning more than just singing.
I needed to practice Paisleys make up for halloween and it just so happened that Ezra and Elliot were here too. So I did some fun things with them. Ezra isnt going to be spider man but he wanted a super hero.
Paisley is going to be a mime and Cole is going to be a smurf so I made Elliot a partial smurf. Everything on Cole will be blue from the waist up. At church I am teaching the 14 and 15 year old girls. One of my girls is not a member but her step dad has been his entire life but recently became active and her mom was recently baptized. In my class you get a treat if you bring your scriptures (your phone doesn't count.) On her first Sunday in my lesson she didn't have them so the next Sunday she didn't forget. I think phones are great but I never know if the girls are really reading their scriptures or texting so this has helped now I don't even see cell phones. Our lesson on Sunday was on gratitude. That night she showed up at my door with a bowl of spaghetti with homemade noodles. I texted her mom to tell her thank you and I got this reply. It made my day I really love these girls.
Paisley's friend Olivia hosted a little Halloween get together. They painted pumpkins and the moms asked if we did a lot of crafting I told her no I'm too much of a perfectionist. It was actually hard to watch her paint because I wanted to help her. She did do a great job and I might of helped her pick the base color but that was it.
They had a really cute lunch with mummy dogs, spider deviled eggs, cutie pumpkins, and orange smoothies.
No comments:
Post a Comment