Tuesday, December 4, 2012

{a favorite recipe}

I have already posted this recipe on the blog but I have family members that want me to post it again, it is also on my recipe blog.

I got this recipe from my moms friend Paula Avey two years ago.  I made it for Thanksgiving this year in Texas.  My family loved it.  The only problem was I didn't make enough.  So I had to make it two more times before I left.  It really is one of my favorite recipes.

You can substitute strawberry jello and frozen strawberries if you would like but I love raspberries so that's what I make it with.

This recipe can be made the night before but be careful it might not make it through the night.

Pretzel Salad

Bottom Layer
2 1/2 cups broken pretzels
3 Tbsp sugar
3/4 cup melted butter (1 1/2 sticks)

Stir butter and sugar until well mixed; stir in pretzels.  Pat into bottom of a 9x13pan.  Bake at 400 for 8 minutes, then cool completely.

Middle Layer
8oz softened cream cheese
1 cup sugar
8oz cool whip

Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth.  Mix in cool whip and spread over cooled pretzel layer.  Make sure to seal edges of pan.

Top Layer
2 cups boiling water
1 large package raspberry jello
20oz bag of frozen raspberries (no sugar added)

Dissolve jello in boiling water.  Add raspberries.  Let stand in fridge about 15 minutes until jello starts to set.  Pour over other layers in pan.  Cover and place in refrigerator for an hour or until ready to serve.

2 comments:

lynda said...

YUM!!!!!!!! This is the Bomb!!! -zoe=)

Tasha said...

I have yet to ever try this recipe...I think I really should. It sure sounds and looks good.