We left for St. George early Thursday morning. It was dark and rainy when we left Grand Terrace. I went with my parents, Sydney, Michael, Kaidee, Cole, and Paisley. Darian was coming up later with Chase, Garrett, and Chloe. Darian had to teach his class and the kids had their state testing.
The sun finally peeked out from behind the clouds in Baker. It was still cloudy and drizzling. When we looked in our rear view mirror we saw the most beautiful rainbow we had ever seen. I got the camera out but I could not fit the entire rainbow in my camera. This was the first time that I had ever seen a complete rainbow. The pictures don't even come close to how beautiful it really was.
Sydney and Michael followed us in their car. Cole and Kaidee rode with them. I thought I was giving them the easy kids but they said that Cole talked the entire time up until we traded kids just before Las Vegas. When we did trade cars Cole told us that he knew why he had to come in the truck it was because he talked too much.
A tip I have learned in all my traveling (especially back and forth to Texas) is too put car seats rear facing. Paisley is almost 3 but when I put her car seat facing backwards she is so much better in the car. She sleeps longer and she doesn't see everything going on in the front seats so she isn't asking for stuff all the time. Besides its safer. I recommend this to anyone with a child in a car seat.
My parents have been coming to St George for at least 20 years. It started as a little reunion between 8 couples that had all lived in California at one time but had moved away over the years. Now the children are coming with their families. How it works is the guys all go golfing while the girls stay back at the hotel swimming and shopping at the nearby outlets.
St. George is a beautiful city. I love the red rock against the beautiful blue skies. This was our hotel pool.
Chloe and Kaidee loved playing with the other kids. (the moms did too)
Cole and Will became instant buds, they are only three weeks apart in age so it was perfect. Its just too bad that they live so far apart.
This is Chloe's way of putting on sunscreen.
Paisley was scared to death of the water she didn't even like it when she was being held by someone.
This is what happened after she got out of the water.
Her pink made it all better.
Then she started to feel more comfortable in the water. She still doesn't like being in the water but she was warming up too it.
She was able to swim to the edge.
This made her a happy girl.
Can you see something funny in this picture. We were all sitting in the jacuzzi when this couple came and sat in there with us. They looked like they might have been on their honeymoon. She was sitting on his lap and they were acting like we weren't even there. It was a little odd.
Every night after dinner we all went out to the jacuzzi and talked while the kids swam some more.
Sydney and Michael were inseparable except while he was golfing.
Garrett was a great big brother. Cole loved having him in the water especially when him and Will made huge waves.
See what I meant about inseparable.
Here they are again shooting Chase with water guns.
I will miss St. George but we will be back in another year.
















1 comment:
Such a fun tradition!! It is so nice to look forward to good vacations!
Post a Comment