
Liquid Laundry Soap-Family Sized Batch
Water
1 bar grated Fels Naptha soap {2 1/3 cups}
5 gallon bucket
1 cup Arm and Hammer washing soda
1 cup 20 Mule Team Borax
4 1/2 gallons water
Put grated Fels Naptha in saucepan and cover with water. Heat on low until dissolved, stir occasionally. Pour mixture into a five gallon bucket. Add about 1/3 of bucket with boiling water. Stir to combine. Add 1 cup washing soda and 1 cup borax and mix well. Fill bucket with more HOT water (I add enough water so it reaches the rings near the top of the bucket) As it cools, it will thicken.
If mixture becomes too thick, add hot water to thin it to desired consistency. May be used immediately. Mix well before each use. Use 1/2(normal) to 1 cup per load (heavy).
Cost per load .04
TIPS:
I put my soap into a used Fabric Softener bottle. The little bit of fabric softener left in the bottle will give your soap a nice clean smell. Shake well before each use.
Found over at The Rachael Berry Blog. I have changed a few things to my liking :)
2 comments:
That is awesome. Go you Letti! Sounds pretty easy and makes a ton.
I made some last week! It seems to be working well. I'm gonna start saving my gallon gatoraid jugs to keep it in. I made a little bit of a mess trying to funnel the clumpy goop into the old plastic detergent bottles. The large opening on the gateraid jug made it TONS easier! I'm curious how it does in your HE washer.
Post a Comment