Thursday, February 10, 2011

{feeling the Love}

This past Monday our Family Night was all about love. We began the night by making heart sugar cookies.



Kaidee and Cole helped me roll out the dough.



Paisley loved frosting her cookie. She kept asking for more frosting. Notice her tongue this must be a very strong gene in our family.



Popsicle sticks work so well for her tiny hands.



Then she figured out it tasted good, and that was it.



No more frosting she was all about eating.



The final result. The kids had fun decorating and I think they did a pretty good job.



For our lesson/activity I had cut out 49 hearts enough for each person in the family to write something about each one of their family members. I didn't do a set for Paisley. I told the kids that they had to write why they loved each family member. I explained that this wasn't a race and that they needed to think about the reasons. I didn't want them to say things like "i love Cole because he is nice." I then told them that we were going to display them all over the house so that everyone could read why they are loved throughout the next few weeks. I must say it turned out better than I imagined. The kids did so well. Even Cole had some great reasons why he loved his family. Here are a few in our kitchen.



I took a close up of a few of them for you to see. I got this idea at 71 toes. This would also make a great fhe on Valentine's Day.


3 comments:

Sydney said...

Letti,
I Love this, it is cute to see what the kids have to say about each other!! It also made me miss you all SO much, March 22 needs to hurry up and get here!!!
Love you!!

Anonymous said...

SO cute! I loved seeing all the hearts around when I was there yesterday. Made me happy. I am definitely going to do this too. :)

Tasha said...

I love this idea. I read it on 71 Toes too and thought it was so clever. I love that they really had to think of what they were going to write. It looks so cute all around your house :)