Darian's Job - With so many people out of work or losing their jobs I am thankful that Darian's job is still in tact. Our country relies very heavily on the railroad to transport products around the country. Darian rarely complains about his job or his hours. He works 7 days a week and sometimes he works twice in one day. He does this so that I can stay at home with our children. Every man in my family works for the railroad too. Darian's Dad and brothers work their, my Dad, my brothers, my cousin and my sister's husband work there too. The work can be dangerous but I know that they are being watched over too.
This Blog - I started blogging just over a year ago and I have loved it from day one. I love that I can stay in contact with my family in Texas with just the touch of a button. I have made so many friends through my blog that I would have never met otherwise. I have never been good at keeping a journal and I wish that I would have but with a blog keeping a journal has been easy. I am excited about what the future holds for me with my blog.
WebGrader - This year my oldest son Chase started Middle School and as a parent who is very involved at the Elementary School it was hard to send him without taking him to class. At his school they have a program called webgrader that allows the parents to go online and check out how their kids are doing in school. It shows their homework for each night, their grades, missing assignments, and classwork. It also allows you to email each teacher directly with questions or problems. I was able to find out in the second week of school that Chase had a D in Algebra so I contacted the teacher and he told me that Chase was not showing his work. It was nice to able to catch that in the beginning and have it fixed and now Chase has a B.
3 comments:
That's so cool! i love that you can follow your child's progress and know if they are hiding something from you. I wish they did this back when i was in high school and maybe if my mom caught up with the decline in my grades my senior year, i could have graduated with honors like i was going to. hope that every school will do that from now on.
I like all three things you are grateful for! And that webgrader sounds really awesome. What a great thing for middle school when your kids really don't want you going up to campus. They should do it for high school too!
I am grateful for the railroad too, and all it lets us do. I feel so blessed. and I will be grateful for webgrader someday too! and I am grateful you like to blog. It makes me feel a little closer. love you
Post a Comment